Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly
all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.
We are grateful for the past...
Faith has been the story of Hope Church from the very beginning. Pastors Joel and Emily followed the call of God to Hattiesburg, MS in 2012. With just a small group of believers, Mr. Del Dowe opened up his barbershop on Oak Grove Road to be used for services. In August of 2013, God miraculously opened the door for Hope Church to move into Oak Grove Middle School (OGMS) auditorium. While at OGMS, we began to develop stronger relationships within our community and minister on deeper levels to the Pine Belt area.
We were blessed to move into our current facilities in March of 2014 and God began to establish us and build a strong foundation. Our vision of “Leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ” really began to come to life and into action. God has truly multiplied and breathed on His vision. Over the last 9 years, we have seen hundreds of people give their lives to Christ and begin to walk in the abundant life that He has for us. Our heart is to see all of Hattiesburg and the Pine Belt know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference in their world. Not only do we want to reach our city, but we love to partner with other ministries to see people across Mississippi, our nation, and our world come to know Jesus.
Currently, we are part of several local outreach ministries in our community, two church plants across America, and international missions efforts in Nepal, Brazil, and Uganda. In October of 2016 we purchased ten acres of beautiful land in the heart of Oak Grove. We paid the land off in February of 2022 and our story continues to unfold. In the coming years, Beyond will serve as a pathway to accomplish the vision that God has placed in front of us. Until Jesus owns our cities, we will keep working to accomplish what He’s asked of us.
We will leverage our efforts, our finances, and our lives until His Kingdom comes, on earth as it is in heaven.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE FUTURE...
We have never dreamed small. Our dreams and plans have never been just about us but about the communities that we serve. We want to create spaces that provide opportunities for dynamic worship services, meaningful relationships, community events, peaceful moments, community outreach programs, and fun for all ages. Here is the dream of our campus:
- 500 seat auditorium
- Prayer room
- Growth Track room
- Dream Team Central
- Worship Green Room
- Administration Offices
- Mother’s room
- Separate nursery rooms for toddlers and infants
- Hope Kid’s facility
- Catering kitchen to serve the cafe and daycare
- Multi stall restrooms
Hope Outreach Center:
- Food pantry
- Designated rooms for tutoring services
- Professional Counseling
- Life Coaching services
- Youth programs to teach basic life skills such as budgeting, personal hygiene, general healthcare, and vehicle maintenance
- Closets for storing school uniforms, coats, blankets, shoes, book bags, and other necessities for children and families in need.
- Playground available to daycare, Hope Kids, and community during designated hours
- Ball field: full size football field to be used for various events and for play
- Basketball, tennis & pickle ball courts
- Pavilion centrally located to fields, playground, and courts that contains restrooms as well as shaded seating
- Walking and biking trails: located in the back of the property easily accessed by the back parking lot
- Green spaces around the building for possible future expansions and as gathering spaces
- Parking lots and entries that are clearly marked with sidewalks and awnings to create comfort and safety
Located at the back of the property this facility will be a chapel for weddings, overflow worship services, funerals, and other intimate gatherings.
The way your generosity makes an impact
Beyond involves financial investment. The movement is not about money but about ministry. We choose to see this opportunity not merely as an expense but as EROI, an eternal return on investment. Any time we invest in building God’s Kingdom, the return is always exponential and eternal.
Approximate Anticipated Cost of First Phase:
This allows us to lean in to accomplish this great God vision. We are believing God will provide above and beyond, because that’s who He is.
The potential funding will come from two sources:
- Engaging the people of Hope Church in a 2-year giving initiative. As a church we will make a commitment to give above our tithes from June 2023 through June 2025.
- A loan. Our philosophy is to avoid accumulating too much long-term debt. Based on our current giving, we are estimating a loan value of $1.5 million. Giving faithfully of your tithes, offerings, and commitments helps to accelerate this by increasing the speed of raising the $1 million we need to get started, as well as, increasing our loan capability.
We will kick off the Beyond Giving Initiative with a seed offering on Sunday, June 4, 2023 and make our 2-year commitments that same day. Ask the Lord how you and your family can be a part of what He is calling us to do.
take a step of
Imagine the incredible opportunity we have to impact all generations through each person’s sacrificial giving from June 2023 to June 2025. We will have the means to change the spiritual destiny of thousands.
• Spend time with God through prayer and with the Holy Spirit’s guidance to determine the size of the gift He would have you give.
• Discuss your thoughts with your family as to the changes and sacrifices you could make to give a significant gift towards Beyond.
• Determine your potential for giving by thinking outside the normal income stream.
• Decide on a personal giving plan–whether weekly, biweekly or monthly for the next two years and then follow through.
See the chart for possible plans to choose from. You can also download this chart here.
It’s not about equal giving, but about equal sacrifice.
Once you decide on your giving level, make a commitment to give to the Lord through our church. To register your financial commitment, please complete the Beyond Commitment Card.
On behalf of all who will be forever changed in our region and beyond, thank you!
As a church, this is our prayer for these two years:
“Jesus, thank you for increasing my ability to see and believe beyond where we’ve ever been before. I receive Your courage for taking new ground with my church family. Amen.”
What would it look like if we all prayed this together?
Check back here to get updates on Beyond's progress!
Our lead pastors met with architects from the Live Design Group for an immersive dream and design process. We can’t wait to share with you the coming plans.
Accelerate the vision
The vision moves at the speed of our generosity.